Pompeii is a small Italian restaurant located at Jumeirah Lake Towers in Cluster T. The italian food we tried today all came with great taste to write a little about this restaurant. It’s definitely not a restaurant you will notice until you hunt for it inside these clusters. This restaurant is more quite on weekends than on weekdays. Maybe it’s because they are located in an office tower, but they do get lot of take aways though.
The first thing you notice once you enter this restaurant is the handsome looking furnace right in the front. It surely makes a statement. The interiors are surrounded by brick wall design. There wasn’t much option when it came to seating, I just grabbed the seat away from the entrance door. They have a pretty looking wash basin if that adds an impression for you 🙂
From the drink we tried the following:
- Cucumber Cooler – Cucumber Juice with Lemon & honey
- Bitter Melon – Oranges & Slices of Melon
- Pastel Perfect – Pineapple & Kiwi
We had to wait for our juices a little bit. It sounded like they had only one juicer to run the show. Thankfully the other orders reached quickly on our table. From drinks you could easily enjoy both Cucumber cooler and Pastel perfect. The Bitter Melon was a little boring.
- The caesar salad – Romaine lettuce, marinated cherry tomatoes and capers, parmesan shavings, homemade croutons and veal bacon bits top with grilled strips of lemon herb chicken.
- Parmigana di melanzane – Oven baked eggplant stuffed with freshly cooked plum tomatoes with parmesanand mozzarella cheese and aromatic herbs of basil and oregano drizzled with pesto oil
I very much enjoyed the caesar salad. Some of those salads which you can really enjoy. The parmigana di melanzane was a new item to me. If you love egg plants and cheese you are sure to enjoy this one. But the portion is quite tiny for the price 🙁
- Risotto A La Salmone – Carnaroli rice cooked with a Parmigana herb medley top with grilled salmone.
- Fusilli mushrom pasta a la Pompeii – Fusilli pasta cooked with a trio of sauteed mushrooms in garlic with a cream cheese sauce sprinkled with fresh basil and parsley
The Risotto A La Salmone came with a short fat rice. The dish was awesome. I enjoyed every bit of it. I normally don’t prefer to eat fat rice but this one tasted very different. Ravioli was one order we were very much looking forward to when we decided to visit this restaurant. Unfortunately they don’t serve them anymore. So we settled with Fusilli mushroom pasta which was nice, creamy and was a children’s favourite.
- Polla Spicy Pompeii – Marinated spicy grilled chicken, roasted garlic, grilled chili pepper medley and sundried tomatoes
- Calzone Pompeii Special – Half moon stuffed pizza with smoked veal bacon, pepperoni, onion, mushroom, capsicim and Italian mozzarella cheese
The Polla spicy pizza has been impressive. It also came with a quality thin crust that you would appreciate. I think if you are here you should not miss a pizza. The Calzone came thick and the inner content flooded with mozzarella cheese. I am sure i’ve added some extra weight today. My son was having a great time with his share of the pizza as you can see in the picture.
You can see their entire menu at http://pompeiipizzadubai.com. They also have a toll free number for home delivery which you can make use of : 800POMPEII. Click photos below to enjoy them in full screen view.