Panda Express is now open in Al Ghurair Centre, Rigga road. The first Panda Express restaurant in the middle East! People who love chinese cuisine must a make a point to visit here. Love the panda theme, the friendly staff and some of their 14 mains. I was lucky to be invited for their family event which included kids face painting, games and sampling of all of their 14 mains. At Panda Express, the service is expected quick and there should be no waiting for your meal.
Here’s a good news. I did win a voucher at the end of the event which is a complimentary lunch/dinner for two which includes mains, appetizers and drinks. As always I am giving away this to my valuable readers, so participate below to win!
Kids enjoyed it. They had a great time by face painting, drawing, playing games and eating. Ofcourse the panda was around and they were busy pulling, hugging etc. Luckily, this one is not located in their food court but is a shop of it’s own at the entrance of the old Al Ghurair. They’ve got some cool names for their mains. Not necessary that you need to like all of them. Out of their 14 mains, my top 3 favourites would be:
- SURF N TURF – premium juicy angus steak with tender, marinated shrimp. wok-tossed together with red bell peppers, crush string beans and crisp potatoes.
- BLACK PEARL SHRIMP – seared shrimp tossed with black beans, fresh asparagus and mushrooms
- FIRE CRACKER CHICKEN BREAST – Tender marinated chicken breast, crisp red and yellow bell peppers and succulent onions in a spicy firecracker sauce.
They have different types of plates that you could order:
- Panda Plate 1 – Dhs 29 – 1 main with your choice of rice, noodles or vegetables
- Panda Plate 2 – Dhs 39 – 2 mains with your choice of rice, noodles or vegetables
- Panda Plate 3 – Dhs 44 – 3 mains with your choice of rice, noodles or vegetables
- Kids meal – Dhs 19 – 1 Junior main, small drink and cookie.
Unfortunately I didn’t sample any of their appetizers, rice or noodles. So I am not sure how good it is. However I did try the specialty bottled beverage(Dhs 15) which was a savia aloe pineapple drink which was very nice and it does come in different flavours.
Now To win food vouchers for two at Panda Express simply submit your answers below and the winner will be announced by sunday night. Now imagine you were the Chef of Panda Express and was asked to create a 15th main, what would it be? Give me the name of your main as well as the ingredients that it will contain. You don’t really have to be a chef to write this one, it’s a fun competition so don’t worry about it. I just look for that outstanding answer, if you know what I mean 😉 I’ve already named a few on top but if you want more you can refer to their menu online: http://pandaexpress.com/menu