Here’s a post on one of my all time favourite Cafe in Dubai. Probably the cafe that I often visit for some amazing piece of bakes. It’s often their croissants and cakes that I am after at Paul. We bump into Paul in malls and never can we ignore their freshly baked items stretched at the counter. If you still haven’t been at Paul Cafe, you should definitely make a visit to try their quality bakes which is reasonably priced. Besides oven baked breads, croissants and cakes they also serve authentic french dishes. So here’s a post on our little lunch at Paul which includes some of the new items introduced in the menu. I also attended a preview to their new festive menu for Christmas. So know more about all this in this post…
Like any traditional French restaurants you get to try their freshly made breads which is accompanied along with crushed olives and butter(which is homemade) when you order any of their mains. The onion soup that comes in a bread loaf is one of the best I’ve had and is one of their signature items on the menu. They have a new salad in the menu called Salade au chèvre chaud, a fruity twist of strawberries and pomegranate mixed with the intense flavours of asparagus and warm breaded goat’s cheese which was a delight to eat. It was a goat cheese special. Normally you get only bits and pieces of goat cheese but this was one salad where I was done with my cravings for goat cheese. My wife who typically doesn’t eat goat cheese was quite impressed with the taste of this one.
The Paul mix was a pretty cocktail with a combination of 3 different fresh juices layered on top of each other. The mocktail Red berries and mint juice is the one to try. It was a burst of freshness, purity and felt very energetic after having it. You should definitely try this one if you plan to have a juice at Paul. The hot chocolate from Paul was a thick drink from melted chocolate but at the same time it tasted a little too sweet. It is a norm to find a financier(a tiny french cake) accompanied with any of their hot drinks 🙂
The beef tenderloin strips were juicy and the cheese on top of the hot tenderloin made it a melt in the mouth. No regrets here if you are a steak fan. The oven baked Gratin Forestier was a little too creamy for me. A lot of cheese and this wasn’t my kind of dish.
TARTELETTE AU CHOCOLAT ET FRAMBOISE and Moelleux banana split are the two new additions to their chocolate menu recently. The chocolate raspberry tart was freshly prepared for us and it was simply outstanding in taste. The chocolate ganache found inside the tart was very special. The best part of Moelleux banana split was the chocolate Moelleux cake itself. I felt the vanilla ice cream would have been a better contrast than the chocolate ice cream for this one. The pistachio and raspberry cream inside the puff pastry was light in taste, just the perfect sweetness you need for this puff pastry. The puff was also crispy and light to enjoy.
Above are some of my all time favourites at Paul. Cakes that are made from quality ingredients and at the same time reasonably priced. The black forest cake here really creates a statement and I always appreciate the beauty of black forest cake when I eat it from here. The Chocolate pave is a dense dark chocolate cake. Every inch of this cake is so dense and rich. I haven’t found a better almond croissant than this one at Paul Cafe.
What you see above is the festive special from Paul. So this time for Christmas once again Paul has introduced a special menu from Starters all the way to desserts. To begin with here’s a few of their special items that will be available for this year’s Christmas.
- Mini croissants with fillings: vegetables, smoked salmon, turkey & cheese and halloumi cheese.
- Mini Sandwiches with fillings: camembert cheese, roast beef, smoked salmon, smoked turkey and tuna.
- Different types of bread to suit your dish: It could be to accompany your cheese platter or cooked meats, seafood etc.
- Mini Macarons: One of their festive special would be the Almond flavoured outer shell, butter cream filling and ginger bread which I did try and was magnificent in taste.
- Cakes: Besides the traditional cakes available at Paul, they now have new flavours and shaped cakes introduced for this Christmas. One of them I got to try was the Mousse with gianduja chocolate layered with paraline which was a thriller in taste. Firstly I love the designs of these new cakes which makes it a perfect match for the occasion, on top of that it tastes amazing. This milk chocolate cake is definitely a good order for a nice slice of chocolate cake for Christmas.
Click here to visit their official website. Click pictures below to see them in full screen view: